Six reasons to start using essential oils today!
Are you new to essential oils and wondering where to start? Do you already use and love essential oils but want to understand how you can be more strategic about your oil selection?
Essential oils have many applications – they are applied topically to skin, inhaled, added to baths, used in massage – and they have many benefits too. Here are our suggested oils, based on your mood or symptom.
- Feeling tired and need to wake up? For a “pick me up” citrus essential oils such as lime, lemon, orange and grapefruit are invigorating and uplifting. They offer a fresh crisp scent to the home, car and office. Place a few drops in your vaporizer or on a tissue.
- Have a cold or flu? Autumn and winter tend to be the flu season where keeping our health in check and our home environment clean is essential. Eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils are great during the flu season and combine well with citrus oils and geranium to create a balance. All essentials oils are naturally anti-septic and anti-bacterial. For a quick fix try our breathe and refresh essential oil blends – we have done all the work for you to provide a fully rounded essential oil blend ready to use!
- Can’t sleep? If you’re having difficulty sleeping Lavender essential oil is the first go to oil for most people. Another oil that is highly effective is valerian oil, the same plant that valium is derived from. But valerian doesn’t have the nicest aroma! So we recommend trying a blend of lavender, eucalyptus and valerian – in combination these oils work together for a good night’s sleep. Otherwise just go with our sleep blend and your set!
- Have a cut or graze that needs to heal? Tea tree and eucalyptus oils are great in the home first aid kit for those minor cuts and grazes. Just be sure to keep out of reach of children and use sparingly… a little goes a long way!
- Feel nauseous? Sailors in ancient times would chew ginger for sea sickness and today you can purchase tablets from the pharmacy which contain ginger. Essentials oils should never be taken internally but a little ginger and peppermint mixed into a massage oils or lotion, rubbed on your belly can ease that feeling.
- In a bad mood? If you’re feeling a bit out of sorts or grumpy (let’s face it we all have a bad day from time to time!) take a moment and regroup. Geranium is a great oil for balancing your mood. Combine with lavender and bergamot essential oils and you will just relax. Alternatively try our calm blend.
Of course if you are interested in finding out more, please give us a call or drop us an email.