Think back to the last time you had your hair done, that feeling when you leave the hair dresser and you feel fresh, healthy and like everything is just falling into place… at least that’s how you feel about your hair!
So if healthier, happier hair equals a healthier, happier you, why do so many of us wait until that appointment to get that sense of satisfaction? Why don’t we build this hair care into a more regular self care routine? And whose to say we can’t do it at home, ourselves and with natural products?
Enter Botany Naturals hair care range, our 100% natural shampoo and conditioner. Ok, we hear you, natural is great but we need to see results and feel the effects! This is why we have built in a number of key premium ingredients – to ensure you’ll feel like you have that salon fresh hair after each wash.
Here’s what we’ve chosen to fuel your hair and why:
- Petitgrain – its antibacterial properties help to reduce the oils your scalp naturally produces. Petitgrain also helps your hair to receive more nutrients and vitamins from within the roots. 
- Argan oil – argan oil contains high levels of antioxidants, vitamin E and fatty acids to promote healthy, strong hair growth. It can act as a moisturiser for the scalp to fight dandruff and dry scalp. It can even undo some of the damage done through chemical treatments and dyes, and can be used to treat split ends. 
- Flame tree – flame tree supports vitamin c and is known for its hair conditioning properties including its ability to soften and volumise hair.
- Lilli pilli – with a high antioxidant and vitamin c content, not only does lilli pilli protect the scalp and hair from free radicals that destroy cells, it is also known for its rich astringent content and helps build firmness into the hair and create volume. 
- Finger Lime – with more antioxidants that goji berries, finger lime helps to create shine, improve moisturisation and nourish the hair. Thanks to the smoothing effect on keratin fibers, it is helpful in improving damaged hair. 
- Morgina Oil – a fabulous partner for the other oils in skincare, moringa oil can be useful as a preservative by preventing oxidation of other oils. It is also a great cleanser, moisturiser and promotes hair strength. 
Aside from using a natural hair care product with effective ingredients like Botany Naturals, some other top tips for looking after your hair include:
- Massage shampoo deep into your scalp – you want to ensure the shampoo permeates both your hair and scalp
- Rinse products out thoroughly, ensuring they are all washed out before getting out of the shower
- Towel dry gently, being too rough can cause damage
- Don’t over-wash your hair, the right number of washes is different for everyone depending on oiliness (and whether you are leaving the house for the day!) but try your best not to wash your hair every day
- Eat a healthy balanced diet ensuring you are getting enough vitamins including A, B, C, D, zinc as well as fatty acids. If you can’t get enough of these naturally in your diet, consider supplements.
- Drink plenty of water, staying hydrated not only benefits your hair and you skin but also you internal body functions and your mind!
We look forward to hearing about how you are working your hair care into your self care routine.